CROSS BREEDING...

On yesterday, I went out to take care of a few errands. In the process I stumbled upon an sign for an antique sale. When I arrived, I stumbled upon about one large corbel and about six smaller corbels.
Something like this (not the acutal items, but very very close).


Which got me to thinking...

So I went home and looked at this online.
This is the Corbel desk, by Restoration Hardware.

This desk got me thinking about this...
coffee table I purchased from Goodwill...not because I needed it or even intended to use it, but I couldnt bear the thought of it going to a place where it wouldnt recieve proper attention.

and these...

pair of round tables/plant stand from Hobby Lobby a few years back. After the 30% off the manager gave me an additional discount for one being scuffed. He even helped me get them to the car. I felt like a little old lady...lol


AS I RECALLED THESE TWO ITEMS...I RECALLED TWO PROBLEMS IN MY CURRENT APARTMENT

Problem #1...
This space in my living room beside my fireplace measures in around 60 x 24/34 x 37

PROBELM #2...


I have a space between my closet and my bedroom door that measures 60 x 12.5 inches. I was considering a desk for this space. As a place holder I placed one of my bow front dresser in the space.

SO AFTER A FEW MONKEY'S TAILS...
I said, "Self." Self said "Huh?" I replied, "I think I found something."

I took this...
CROSS BRED IT WITH THESE....
WITH SOME INSPIRATION FROM THESE...
AND WAH LA!!!!!
AGAIN
Is it a desk? A console table? Really it could be either. The glass is 3/4 inches thick as with the Resto desk ,and it weighs prolly 70-100 lbs (no lie). So I contemplated if I wanted it as a desk or a console table.

Right now...its a desk in my progressive bedroom...

I like it in the bedroom, because the bed and dressers are so heavy and because its right in the entry way of my bedroom. The glass doesnt take up any visual space and makes it feel open. Plus I needed a workspace.
I think I may keep it in the bedroom (where Im currently blogging from) and perhaps bring it out to the other space if I need an extra surface to serve from during a getogether.

Since its currently in my bedroom as a desk, I will be adding a few items to make it function as a true desk and try to hide the cords.

Im participating in Between the Naps on the Porch for this little item. Drop by Susan's and see some other posts.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Questions?
Email me: mr.goodwillhunting@gmail.com

INFLUENCER

PERSONAL FAVORITES