..a Find Friend...

Welcome to Day 6 of:



Today is Talking Tuesday: Tastemaker Tuesday



I often head straight for the Home Improvement/Decorating section when I go into Books-A-Million. One day during my undergraduate years in college, I picked up a book a thought, "Hey, this person does what I do. Thrift!" I sat on the floor criss cross applesauce style and began to flip page by page. I got up, book in hand and went to the register. I walked out feeling giddy a little bit.



The book that spoke volumes to the art of thrifting was





The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details.



The author of The Find, my "Find Friend" Stan Williams.



I have yet to meet Stan Williams formally. However, I was introduced to his blog, The Elegant Thrifter about 2 years ago when I was just reading blogs. After joining Twitter mid-October 2010, I quickly became a follower of Stan. As time progressed I put two and two together to realize he was the author of The Find. One of the book in my arsenal.



Page after page is filled with purchases, tips, ideas and inspirations that any thrifter would appreciate. I am NOT going to go into details about the book because I want you to purchase a copy and support this NEW movement, which most of us have been marching to
for years.



This is the time to ask Stan a question. I would like this post to be a Q&A. If you have questions for Stan, about his book, cost of items, tips OR anything, ask it here and he will be sure to reply with an answer or answers.



I am excited also to announce that The Find, will be a GIVEAWAY toward the middle of the month.

Stay tuned for that. In the meantime lets flood The Elegant Thrifter with questions!





Mr. Goodwill Hunting BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

INFLUENCER

PERSONAL FAVORITES